What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a type of restoration used to repair a severely damaged or decayed tooth. If a tooth cannot be effectively restored using a dental filling, our skilled dentist may recommend a crown. The dental crown is designed to entirely cover the damaged tooth, starting at the gum line, to restore the tooth’s function, health, and appearance. While dental crowns are available in a number of materials, including gold, porcelain crowns are very popular thanks to their natural color and appearance.
Do I need a dental crown?
A number of conditions may require the use of a dental crown. Dr. Dennis Sacry may suggest a custom-made crown in order to:
- Restore a significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Protect and seal a tooth following root canal therapy
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Strengthen a cracked or weakened tooth
- Support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
Your dental crown in Whitehall, Montana can be completed in just two visits to our dental office. For more information, we welcome you to contact us soon. We are eager to improve your smile!